Beautiful, pre-owned 2009 Yamaha R6. This bike starts, runs and rides great, and is very fast. Very sharp. Both tires are good at about 70% tread, and has a new battery installed. Needs nothing but an open road. Quality sport bikes in this price range are rare, so get this one while its still available.
Good Guys Motorsports
3008 S Park Ave
Herrin, Illinois 62948
618-988-9194, or toll free at 855-891-3521. Mon-Fri 9-5pm, Sat 9-3pm. Ask for Josh or Chad.
Pricing excludes sales taxes, documentary and title fees. We ship bikes all over the country.
TRACK READY. STREET SMART.
The 2009 R6 is designed to do one thing extremely well: get around a race track in minimal time. it's about a screaming, 15,000-rpm-plus fuel-injected four-cylinder engine in a taut chassis that lets it snap from upright to full lean instantly. Oh yeah: It's a great street bike too.
- Light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha - or anybody else - has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the ?rst production motorcycle with a ?y-by-wire throttle system for ?awless response under all conditions.
- YCC-I, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband. On the higher revving R6, its benefits are even more pronounced.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- The YZF-R6 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 40 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.6 gallons of gas.
- The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has remapped YCC-T settings to optimize power output in each gear, to achieve smooth, linear power delivery out of the turn, with excellent overall drivability.
- Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-I—Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake funnel length for an amazinglyf broad, smooth powerband.
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- Fork height adjustability and rear ride-height adjustment accommodates a great range of riders and tires.
- YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- A die-cast swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased antisquat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Engine Type: 599 cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Carburetion: Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension/Front: 41 mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual 310 mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Brakes/Rear: 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires/Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 80.3 in.
- Width: 27.6 in.
- Height: 43.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24°
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Oil Capacity (with oil filter change): 3.6 qt.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 40 mpg
- Wet Weight: 414 lbs.
- Primary Reduction Ratio: 85/41 (2.073)
- Secondary Reduction Ratio: 45/16 (2.813)
- Gear Ratio - 1st Gear: 31/12 (2.583)
- Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear: 32/16 (2.000)
- Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear: 30/18 (1.667)
- Gear Ratio - 4th Gear: 26/18 (1.444)
- Gear Ratio - 5th Gear: 27/21 (1.286)
- Gear Ratio - 6th Gear: 23/20 (1.150)